Abi RPMs for RH9 again, was: Packaging wishes for 2.0.1

From: M. Fioretti (m.fioretti@inwind.it)
Date: Tue Oct 21 2003 - 11:25:14 EDT

    On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 16:54:33 at 04:54:33PM +0200, Marc Maurer (j.m.maurer@student.utwente.nl) wrote:

    > > Well since no one else is gonna make rpm's for RedHat 9 I'll try to make
    > > them.
    >
    > I can make them as well, just as I do for my daily snapshots.. I
    > have the build system in place AND a clean stock RH 9 install..
    >
    > if rui doesn't make them...

    Martin, Marc and everybody else,

    since you are going to do it anyway:

    1) thanks
    2) please make a light version, at least without Gnome requirements
       (at least to see what happens. Please)
    3) you might want to look at the abiword source RPMs in Rawhide. Far
       from me the intention to offend anybody, and you said you have a
       clean stock install, but I have noticed in the past that RPMs made
       by abiword core developers would not install on a system straight
       from the CDs (because they had installed some non standard library
       and forgot about it). Another reason to have a quick look at those
       spec files is to let their maintainer know if there are any
       discrepancies.
    4) I posted here a couple of weeks ago problems in building abi RPMs
       on RH9. If you need more info than I posted here, just ask.

    Thanks in advance for the packages. I and the RULE project look forward
    to use Abiword 2.

    Ciao,
            Marco Fioretti

    --
    Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein