commit: Textboxes now appear in your document.

From: msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au
Date: Wed Oct 22 2003 - 23:53:09 EDT

    CVS:
    CVS: Committing in .
    CVS:
    CVS: Modified Files:
    CVS: text/fmt/xp/fb_ColumnBreaker.cpp
    CVS: text/fmt/xp/fb_ColumnBreaker.h text/fmt/xp/fl_BlockLayout.cpp
    CVS: text/fmt/xp/fl_BlockLayout.h
    CVS: text/fmt/xp/fl_ContainerLayout.cpp
    CVS: text/fmt/xp/fl_ContainerLayout.h
    CVS: text/fmt/xp/fl_DocListener.cpp text/fmt/xp/fl_FrameLayout.cpp
    CVS: text/fmt/xp/fl_FrameLayout.h text/fmt/xp/fl_SectionLayout.cpp
    CVS: text/fmt/xp/fl_SectionLayout.h text/fmt/xp/fp_Column.cpp
    CVS: text/fmt/xp/fp_ContainerObject.cpp
    CVS: text/fmt/xp/fp_FrameContainer.cpp
    CVS: text/fmt/xp/fp_FrameContainer.h text/fmt/xp/fp_Line.cpp
    CVS: text/fmt/xp/fp_Page.cpp text/fmt/xp/fv_FrameEdit.cpp
    CVS: text/fmt/xp/fv_FrameEdit.h
    CVS: text/ptbl/xp/pf_Frag_Strux_Section.h
    CVS: text/ptbl/xp/pp_PropertyMap.cpp
    CVS: text/ptbl/xp/pt_PT_InsertStrux.cpp
    CVS: text/ptbl/xp/pt_PieceTable.cpp text/ptbl/xp/pt_PieceTable.h
    CVS: wp/impexp/xp/ie_imp_AbiWord_1.cpp
    Text box now appear in your document. Lots to do but this gets us over a
    major hurdle.

    So now when you release the drawing rectangle a text box appears in the
    general vicinity of where you asked for it.

    The cursors appears in it and you can type in it.

    If you click in the text box the cursor goes back there and you type again.

    Currently textboxes can only be placed relative to the line nearest where
    they were inserted. This means that if the location of that line changes,
    the textbox moves. You can see this by inserting lines above the text box.

    The textbox moves down the screen then. However the framework allows
    textboxes to be placed relative to either the page or the current column
    and I will eventually implement this. The initial behaviour of textboxes
    moving with a defined block is the default behaviour of Microsoft word.

    Among the current issues are:

    If you try to save a document with a text box you will get a corrupted
    file. The text boxes can't be moved. You can screw up your document by
    deleting text near where the text box is placed. It doesn't correctly draw
    over text plus other issues that I can't be bothered typing now.

    On the other hand I think the architecture is sound and that all these
    issues will be fixed relatively quickly. We can use this framework to
    eventually handle wrapping text around objects too.

    So have a little play with our new feature :-)