Re: commit: Visual cut/copy/ paste works!

From: msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au
Date: Fri Oct 31 2003 - 19:33:24 EST

    > On Friday 31 October 2003 08:55 am, msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au
    > wrote:
    >> Does Word 97 really do that?
    >
    > Yup, unless I misunderstand what you were describing.
    >
    > With no text selected, the "cursor" (mouse pointer) is an I-beam as you
    > mouse over text. Select some text. Now, when the mouse pointer is
    > over the selected text, it is the hollow arrow pointing up and left.
    > If you (left) click (and hold) at that point a small hollow rectangle
    > appears beneath the arrow. When you are over other text (with the
    > arrow/rectangle) a fainter but wider I beam like think indicated where
    > the text will be inserted. When you let go of the left mouse button,
    > the text is "dropped" there.
    >
    > That is what you were describing, isn't it?

    No it isn't. In abiword the TEXT you select moves with the mouse. If you
    select a paragraph of text the whole paragraph is cut out of the document
    from it's original place and you drag that whole paragraph to where you
    want it. You see the paragraph of text moving across the screen in time
    with your mouse. Like when you drag and drop a file. Then you release the
    left mouse button and the paragraph enters the document where you dropped
    it.

    I'll see if I can make a screen shot.

    Martin