Re: Enchant 0.4.0 released

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 01 2003 - 13:41:46 EDT

    > It still fails (as does the gnome-spell configure
    > script).
    >
    > Doing some investigation on my RH-9 machine:
    > [david@shirehorse1 enchant]$ rpm -q --info aspell

    Ok. I have 0.50.3 installed, and the symbol table
    looks good to me. Maybe you could nm -s
    /path/to/libaspell.so and /path/to/libpspell.so and
    send the results to me. Thanks.

    > I'm also now getting numerous sed errors as reported
    > by Rui Miguel
    > Seabra in another reply to your original post.

    He's on RH9 too. I've hinted at what the problem might
    be inside of configure.in - but it looks kosher to me.
    If you could replace the $with_aspell_config failure
    case to this and try it out, I'd appreciate it:

    LDFLAGS="-L/usr/lib "$LDFLAGS
    ASPELL_INC="-I/usr/include"
    ASPELL_LIBS="-L/usr/lib -laspell"
    ASPELL_DICT_DIR="'\"WHATEVER\"'"