Re: and I was called paranoid and FUD-monger...

From: Rui Miguel Seabra (rms@1407.org)
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 12:02:46 EDT

    On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 16:32, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
    > On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 17:10, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
    > > http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/09/02/1659244
    > > Microsoft Prepares Office Lock-in
    > > An anonymous reader writes "NEWS.COM has an article describing
    > > Office 2003's DRM features for documents[1].
    >
    > <flame>
    > Please don't spread rumors that the "news" site tend to propagate. This

    new.com is the news section of C|Net which is hardly a rumour-spreader.
    /. only refers to the news.com url which is:
      http://news.com.com/2100-1012_3-5069246.html

    I quote:
      <<Dan Leach, Microsoft's lead product manager for Office, said rights
    management features were built into the new Office based on ongoing
    discussions with customers.>>

    > is increasingly off-topic here since you talk about some evil conspiracy
    > plan melted inside a not released product.

    This is not an "evil conspiracy plan" but factual information about a
    widely-used-Word-Processor-we-have-to-be-able-to-read-documents-from
    announced and expected for some time soon, even if currently delayed.

    I would seriously suggest that such naïve accusations (off-topic,
    rumour-monger, fud, etc...) should be thought twice before casted, in
    the future, since they are extremely demeaning for yourselves.

    This is too serious a business for us and other Free Software office
    suites to be shrugged off from our "happy-happy joy-joy" world.

    Rui

    + So let's do it...?

    Please AVOID sending me WORD, EXCEL or POWERPOINT attachments. See http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html