ATTN: Release postponed

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Sep 04 2003 - 14:29:31 EDT

    Hi guys,

    Due to forces outside of Martin's and my control, we
    are forced to delay the release of AbiWord 2.0,
    formerly known as "The Wrath of Dom."

    Let it be known that it has nothing to do with the
    quality of your work, the quality of our product, or
    AbiWord 2.0's readiness for public consumption. It
    also has nothing to do with coordinating a joint
    release with the other GnomeOffice applications. As
    far as I know, they are all on target for a Sept. 8
    release, as planned. It is unknown whether they will
    wait for us, or whether the current situation will be
    resolved before Sept. 8 so that we can release as
    scheduled.

    You people have all done great work. AbiWord 2.0 is a
    teriffic product that we all should be immensely proud
    of. Martin and I deeply and heartfeltly appreciate the
    time and effort you have all put into AbiWord. You are
    to be commended.

    So, bide your time - use it wisely. Squash another bug
    or two. Update the translations and documentation. Get
    your RPMs and DEBs in order. The tree will go green
    again; I'm just not sure when. But we should do our
    best to be ready at a moment's notice.

    I will have more information for you as soon as it is
    prudent. I'll keep you posted.

    Best wishes,
    Dom Lachowicz