Re: ATTN: Release postponed

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Sep 05 2003 - 09:03:27 EDT

    --- Rui Miguel Seabra <rms@1407.org> wrote:
    > On Fri, 2003-09-05 at 10:48, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
    > > > If we need to delay the release of the final
    > 2.0, may be is a good idea to
    > > > release a new beta. A couple of things have been
    > fixed and new translations
    > > > have been completed.
    > > I'm not against a new beta.
    >
    > I have a slight suspicion that that wouldn't help at
    > all.

    Rui's right - it's not that I don't want to release
    AbiWord 2.0 or another beta - I very much want to.
    It's that releasing another beta has essentially the
    same problems as releasing AbiWord 2.0 at this moment
    in time.

    I'm very sorry, but there can't be any more releases
    until I get this $unknown_issue resolved.

    I need a bit of patience, trust, and understanding
    from all of you right now.

    Thanks,