Re: Build problems on OS X

From: David Chart (linux@dchart.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sun Sep 07 2003 - 00:49:28 EDT

    On Sat, 2003-09-06 at 19:09, Ted Lemon wrote:
    > On Saturday 06 September 2003 20:36, David Chart wrote:
    > > This appears to work; I get an AbiWord icon in the build directory. When
    > > I double click on it, however, the ant's head just bounces for a while
    > > in the dock, and then vanishes. Abi doesn't launch. What am I doing
    > > wrong?
    >
    > Have you run the console application and looked at the output? There's a
    > halfway decent chance that what's going on is that it's dumping core, or
    > giving up when it runs into something it needs that's not there. Try
    > running it under the debugger if the console app doesn't tell you anything.

    Thanks. The console told me that it was looking for the frameworks in
    Library/blahblahblah, and after copying them all there, it launched
    successfully.

    It's pretty good, isn't it? Hub, are you interested in bugs filed
    against the OS X version, or do you still think you need to do too much
    work on it?

    --
    David Chart
    http://www.dchart.demon.co.uk/