Re: commit: Restore headers/footers to the menus.

From: Alan Horkan (horkana@maths.tcd.ie)
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 14:58:43 EDT

    On Wed, 10 Sep 2003, Martin Sevior wrote:

    > Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 17:46:39 +1000
    > From: Martin Sevior <msevior@seviorpc.ph.unimelb.edu.au>
    > To: David Chart <linux@dchart.demon.co.uk>
    > Cc: abiword-dev@abisource.com
    > Subject: Re: commit: Restore headers/footers to the menus.
    >
    > On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 15:18, David Chart wrote:
    > > On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 19:59, Martin Sevior wrote:
    > >

    > > > Edit Header (Format)
    > > > Edit Footer (Format)

    Edit, would imply they belonged in the Edit menu but that was where they
    were before Dom deleted them and too many people were used to the idea of
    Insert Header.

    > > Unless I'm being particularly blind, I don't see these two. Not that
    > > they are really important, since you can just click in the header or
    > > footer.

    Hopefully at some point Insert Header can be handled even more directly,
    maybe clicking right at the top of the page would be context enough to
    (create and) enter the Header Note and if the user clicked elsewhere
    without adding anything it would simply be removed again.

    > He He :-)
    >
    > Dom removed the Edit Header, Edit Footer from the Format menu without a
    > commit notice or discussion.

    Odd that, I guess as Abiword is Frozen it counts as reverting Martins
    patch.

    > That's fine. I agree with things as they are now.

    Later

    Alan H.