Build Problems on Yellow Dog

From: David Chart (linux@dchart.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sun Sep 14 2003 - 18:12:15 EDT

    It looks like the build problem with the tarballs was actually a local
    problem on my machine; I made clean in my local HEAD tree, and now that
    won't build either.

    Most promising looking error is:

    checking GLIB_LIBS... -lglib-2.0
    configure: error: * * * iconv is required:
    ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/libiconv * * *

    at the end of configuring wv.

    Any ideas? Abi has always built previously, so I suspect I do have
    libiconv somewhere, and YDL 3 is pretty much Red Hat built on PowerPC
    with appropriate bits of hardware support added.

    I'm assuming, though, that this problem affects YDL at most, as a
    release that didn't build on Red Hat or work properly on Win32 would be
    a problem.

    --
    David Chart
    http://www.dchart.demon.co.uk/