Re: FYI: KOffice will switch to OpenOffice.org file format

From: Marc Maurer (j.m.maurer@student.utwente.nl)
Date: Wed Sep 17 2003 - 18:11:06 EDT

    > Oh, I almost forgot. The article for which I showed up here in April
    > was put on hold, but the editor asked me last week to update it
    > because he wants to publish it now. May I ask you to take another
    > short look at that request (link above) and come back with anything
    > that changed since then, as far as AbiWord is concerned?

    Just a short note: the OASIS import/export will come. However, "when" depends on people coming forward who are willing to implement it. For us as developers, the abw format is the "most" easy for us to handle, and we can concentrate more on other stuff that we feel matters "more". When the OASIS import/export would be perfect, we could switch over and use it as the default format. So long as it is not perfect, the default _we_ provide will be abw. So coders, step up and help us out here :)

    Marc