Re: FYI: KOffice will switch to OpenOffice.org file format

From: Hubert Figuiere (hfiguiere@teaser.fr)
Date: Thu Sep 18 2003 - 03:10:59 EDT

    On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 03:51, Martin Sevior wrote:
    > Their is a perfectly good interface format already in
    > widespread use supported by every word processor worthy of the name.
    > It's open, it's fully documented, it has a large developer community
    > already. Many 3rd and 4th party suppliers of documentation use it.
    >
    > It's Rich Text Format, (RTF).

    Sorry to appear to be nitpicky, but RTF ain't open. RTF is completely
    tied to Microsoft goodwillingness.
    Sure, it is documented. But if it were open, there would an open process
    to make it evolve. Currently Microsoft make it only evolves to follow
    MS-Word.

    Hub

    --
    "<erno> hm. I've lost a machine.. literally _lost_. it responds to ping,
    it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it