Re: Commit (STABLE, HEAD): Revert another regressive patch (PLEASE READ)

From: Stephen Viles (sviles_abi@iinet.net.au)
Date: Fri Sep 19 2003 - 04:14:39 EDT

    19/09/03 5:59:34 PM, tomasfrydrych@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

    >On 18 Sep 2003 at 16:03, Mark Gilbert wrote:
    >
    >> I reverted martin's win32 charwidths patch (that was based on Tomas'
    >> comments).
    >
    >My understanding from reading the relevant thread was that the
    >Steven's comments about regression were based on sourece
    >_without_ the patch applied.
    >
    >Tomas

    Sorry, I wasn't clear. What I meant was that I did not apply
    the patch because I already knew that it caused a regression.
    So now that the patch has been reverted, my observations are still
    current - they weren't caused by the patch because I never applied it.

    Apologies for the confusion (and for any further confusion due to
    the above attempt at explanation.. ooh dear, it's getting difficult...)

    Cheers - Stephen.