Re: Updated Russian Translation and AbiWord localization bugs

From: nshmyrev (nshmyrev@yandex.ru)
Date: Fri Sep 19 2003 - 14:33:31 EDT

    >1043: Объкты
    >Is there a letter missing? I haven't seen ъ used as a vowel >except in
    >Bulgarian (and Lojban in Cyrillic).

    >1049: Датский
    >That's Danish, not Cornish.

    >1060: Чехословацкий
    >They've been split for a while. (No wait a minute, it's >Yugoslavia that Split
    >:) )

    >1105: Немеций (Австрия)
    >1106: Немецкий (Германия)

    >1108: В полутонах
    >A halftone isn't a grayscale - it's printing with a lattice >of different-sized
    >dots, and is often done in color (four different inks in >different
    >directions).

    >1300: Ирландский, Macintosh
    >Ireland isn't Iceland.

    >1159: Маршалловы Острова
    >Doesn't sound like the name of a language.

    >1185: португальский (Бразилия)
    >Should that be capitalized?

    >турецкий, ISO-8859-9
    >ditto

    >phma

    Thanks for corrections, all were done. Sorry, but it seems to me that language of Marshall Islands doesn't have Russian name, so it's now translated as "Language of Russian Islands".

    Here is po file. The main change is that capitalization in menus is changed in Russian style - as in Nautilus, Evolution, etc.

    I think, there is another two bugs in localization --

    1. In Date and Time insert dialog, there is no translation of date from locale to utf, so Invalid utf-8 string passed to pango_layout :(

    2. In search and replace dialog there is no shortcuts to match case etc..

    Shmyrev