Re: fi ligature

From: BAM (solnul@gmx.de)
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 13:30:22 EDT

    On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 09:56, Dom Lachowicz wrote:
    > Tomas,
    >
    > Could you please turn off ligature remapping code for
    > at least the "fi" ligatures, but also for any other
    > simple ones whose letters are entirely within the US
    > ASCII character set?
    >
    > We've gotten a bunch of bugs in bugzilla about this.
    >
    > Also, but 5853 is interestion - you try to remap "fi"
    > into a ligature even if the "i" is subscript but the
    > "f" is not.

    I'm not sure how this relates to this, but I get 5439 with Palatino
    Linotype and the "ff" characters.

    The characters will show up in the ps file if I embed fonts, but
    something in my CUPS/hpijs setup doesn't like embedded fonts.

    --
    BAM - "The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure
    reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing