My absence from the list

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Apr 01 2004 - 12:06:08 EST

    I'd like to apologize for my absence from AbiWord
    development lately. Things have been busy here in
    Dom-land, pretty much across the board. I haven't had
    any time for Abi, though I have found a little bit of
    time for some of my other OSS projects. For this, I'd
    like to apologize.

    I have, however, had some time to do Abi development
    in the past week. Basically, everyone I work with said
    that AbiWord 2.1.1 had all the features that they'd
    ever need, but was a little rough around the edges -
    especially for novice users.

    I took it upon myself to solve this problem once and
    for all, and in doing so, finally reach parity with
    (if not surpass!) MSWord and OpenOffice. KWord can eat
    my shorts...

    Gentlemen, I give you the AbiWord Mr. T Assistant.

    Screenshot here:
    http://www.abisource.com/~dom/abi-mrt-helper.png

    Patch Here:
    http://www.abisource.com/~dom/abi-helper.patch

    Cheers!
    Dom

    =====
    I think the problem with the Democratic Party in general is that they've been so afraid to lose they're willing to say whatever it takes to win. And once you're willing to say whatever it takes to win, you lose. - Howard Dean

    http://www.deanforamerica.com/