key bindings and case sensitivity

From: Tomas Frydrych (tomasfrydrych_at_yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Sun Apr 04 2004 - 10:16:46 EDT

    someone changed key assignment of Ctrl+s to 'fileSaveAs', I have
    changed that back to 'fileSave' as that is what I expect from the
    binding and pretty much all normal applications I recall using behave
    that way (with the exception of Emacs, but then that is not a
    'normal' application).

    I have contemplated also changing Ctrl+Shift+s to 'fileSaveAs', since
    the idea clearly was to allow quick access to the Save As dialogue,
    but upon reflection decided against that, because that means that if
    the user has CAPSLOCK on, Ctrl+s becomes 'fileSaveAs'. I think all
    letter based keyboard shortcuts should be case insensitive.

    Tomas