Re: Proposed Splash for Official 2.2 (Swoosh A)

From: Ruth A. Kramer (rhkramer_at_fast.net)
Date: Tue Apr 06 2004 - 03:57:25 EDT

    Ryan Pavlik wrote:
    > > You could shoot it with a longer exposure. My wife has a very nice
    > > Waterman pen, but we don't have a fancy celluloid camera anymore -
    > > just a cute little digital thing that provides neither exposure nor
    > > aperture control.
    > >

    > You seem to be misguided. That's a royalty- and copyright-free stock
    > image of a fountain pen. :)

    Well, just to avoid any misplaced blame, I may be the one that is
    misguided (I didn't think the pen looked like a "real" fountain pen, or
    at least a real "classy" fountain pen). But, I don't have a classier
    (expensive?) pen to substitute for it. I do think the image would look
    better if more of it was in focus, but (IMHO) we can certainly use the
    splash screen as is, and if a better fountain pen image is ever found,
    it can be substituted.

    > I honestly don't know how many people anymore would analyze a fountain
    > pen in a splash screen so carefully... it seems to be a dying art.

    Well, it's good to have some skills rather than none at all. ;-)

    Randy Kramer