Re: commit: Fix changeStrux with revision Marks.

From: Tomas Frydrych (tomasfrydrych_at_yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Fri Apr 16 2004 - 07:52:25 EDT

    Hi Martin,

    > The problem was that only the revision attributes, not the properties
    > themselves were being being broadcast tot he fl_*Layouts.

    I only had a chance to have a quick look at the changes in Bonsai,
    but I do not think this will work: when in revisions mode all changes
    of attributes and properties must be made translated solely into the
    revision attribute, i.e., setProps("font-face:Arial") has to
    translate into

        "revisions=!1{}{font-face:Arial}"

    not into

        "revisions=!1{}{font-face:Arial} props=font-face:Arial"

    the latter is what I got the impression your changes do. If we change
    the actual props and attributes, we will not be able revert to the
    previous state.

    The attributes and props contained in the revisions attribute get
    overlayed over any base props and attrs when the layout accesses its
    props and attributes; this done through
    PD_Document::explodeRevisions() and is taken care of automatically by
    fl_Layout::getAP() and getSpanAP(). Access to all props and
    attributes by the layouts has to be made through these two functions;
    what the layouts must not do is to obtain their AP index, retrieve
    the AP by that index and then evaluate props and attrs of that AP.

    Tomas