commit (HEAD): fix memory leaks

From: Tomas Frydrych (tomasfrydrych_at_yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Sat Apr 24 2004 - 05:08:23 EDT

    fixed a number of memory leaks related to calling
    FV_View::getSelectionText().

    I have changed the signature of the function from
        ucs * getSelectionText()
        void getSelectionText(ucs *&)

    This should reduce any future incorrect use (since it makes it
    impossible to pass getSelectionText() directly as a function
    parameter). I am not sure I have fixed up bindings/perl/AbiWord.cpp
    correctly, if someone who understands and can compile that code could
    verify that, it would be appreciated.

    This change might break some plugins.

    I have also added FV_View::getSelectionLength() as there was some
    code that used getSelectionText() to ascertain the length of
    selection.

    files: fv_View.h, fv_View_cmd.cpp, fv_View.cpp,
    fl_SelectionPreserver.cpp, ap_EditMethods.cpp,
    ap_Dialog_InsertHyperlink.cpp, ap_Win32Dialog_Replace.cpp,
    bindinds/perl/AbiWord.cpp

    should be backported subject to verification of the perl bindings and
    fixing up of plugins.

    Tomas