[OOfftopic} Re: Gnumeric vs. OOCalc

From: Alan Horkan (horkana_at_maths.tcd.ie)
Date: Tue Apr 27 2004 - 22:42:43 EDT

    On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Martin Sevior wrote:

    > > For a deeply scientific comparision:
    > > http://googlefight.com/cgi-bin/compare.pl?q1=Gnumeric&q2=OOCalc&B1=Make+a+fight%21&compare=1&langue=us
    > >
    > > Gnumeric is clearly better!
    > > ;)
    > >

    > Ummm I tried AbiWord vs Open Office. I'm afraid OO wins easily in
    > the "Mind Share" department :-(
    >
    > http://googlefight.com/cgi-bin/compare.pl?q1=AbiWord&q2=Open+Office&B1=Make+a+fight%21&compare=1&langue=us

    but abiword beats both OOWrite and OOWriter!
    http://googlefight.com/cgi-bin/compare.pl?q1=AbiWord&q2=OOWriter&B1=Make+a+fight%21&compare=1&langue=us

    however i must concede that Gnome Office loses to OpenOffice and Open
    Office although it does wine over their "official" copyrighted name
    OpenOffice.org
    http://googlefight.com/cgi-bin/compare.pl?q1=Gnome+Office&q2=OpenOffice.org&B1=Make+a+fight%21&compare=1&langue=us

    Sincerely

    Alan

    PS yes i CC'ed the abiword list because this may be of interest,
    apologies to the gnumeric list for this silliness ;)