commit: More flicker improvements.

From: <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Mon Aug 02 2004 - 02:19:36 CEST

CVS:
CVS: Committing in .
CVS:
CVS: Modified Files:
CVS: src/text/fmt/xp/fp_TextRun.cpp
More flicker improvements. Don't coalese past word boundaries.

The problem is that on every keystroke we clear a bit before the current
run in case there is an overhanging character. This means we have to
redraw the run behind the current run. If we coalese all the runs on the
line this means we have to redraw from the start of the line to the
current char. Redraws require clearing first we in turn leads to flicker.
By only coalesing to word boundaries we limit the size of the redraw to
the previous word. This leads to improved perceived flicker.

Next on thelist improved flicker are selections which look really weird
right now.