Re: File Extension Madness

From: Robert Staudinger <robsta_at_stereolyzer.net>
Date: Sat Aug 14 2004 - 17:50:34 CEST

Am Fre, den 13.08.2004 schrieb Dom Lachowicz um 21:18:

[...]

> As I see it, there are no right answers to this debate
> - there are only degrees of wrongness.
>
> If we are to make any progress on this, we need to
> come up with a representative number of use cases and
> use them to best serve our users. Right now, the best
> solution isn't clear to me. May it be made more so.

Seems to be hard handling this issue in a sensible way. A quick check
through the GNOME HIG 2.0 didn't give me with an idea. Maybe I missed
that particular chapter, though.
What would you think about raising this issue on the HIG list. It would
be desirable to follow/establish a destop wide policy before trying to
put a patch together.

Disclaimer: I do not have an opinion on what would be best (for the
users).

Thanks,
Rob