Fwd: linux reviewer hasn't heard of abiword

From: Hubert Figuiere <hub_at_abisource.com>
Date: Sat Aug 28 2004 - 00:50:11 CEST

----- Forwarded message ---

Subject: linux reviewer hasn't heard of abiword
From: Daniel Glassey <danglassey@ntlworld.com>
To: AbiWord Development <abiword-dev@abisource.com>

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/science_technology/story.jsp?story=554736

from http://lwn.net/Articles/99220/

"Things are still tricky for word-processing, spreadsheets and the like.
If you're a Microsoft Office user, OpenOffice provides no-frills basics.
Diehard Corel WordPerfect fans will discover that OpenOffice won't read
their files without a hard-to-install add-on. I tried installing Kword
(part of KDE Office) to find it opened WordPerfect documents with
unacceptably ragged results. This left me no choice (other than
Windows), but to write this feature using OpenOffice."

"Here's what I need to do next. Find a word processor that reads my
WordPerfect files properly and offers a word count on selected text."

Hmmm, I think I've heard of a word processor that ought to do these
things. ;)

----- End forwarded message -----