Re: Abiword integrated with wxWidgets

From: <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Wed Dec 08 2004 - 15:47:19 CET

> Hi,
> I'm developing a wxWidgets-based app.
> wxWidgets is a well-known cross-platform GUI toolkit
> (http://www.wxwidgets.org);
>
> I would like to give to my wx app word processor features like the ones
> offered
> by Abiword; I already downloaded abiword SDK and I'm very interested in
> the
> abibonobo sample.
> So, my question is: has anyone ever tried the wxwidgets + abiword union ?
> how can I get more info about abiword embedding ?

Well try the example code. All you need to do create a gtk-container and
do a gtk_container_add and the abiword widget will get embedded in your
app.

The example code shows how to connect to a reasonable fraction of
abiword's features.

Look at abi/src/wp/ap/unix/abiwidget.cpp for a list of all the properties
the widget supports.

Unfortunately the embeddable bonobo component will only work on unix (as
will the gtk build) so you'll lose all the benefits of wxwindows
cross-platformness.

Actually abiword already runs very well on all the platfroms supported by
wxwidgets anyway.