commit: Re: commit: Fix 7958 and other text box bugs

From: <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Sat Dec 11 2004 - 00:32:27 CET

>>>The behavior after this commit is unintuitive. After you first 'draw' a
>>>textbox and go to type a letter the textbox is deleted; similarly, after
>>>you move or resize a textbox and go to type some text, it's deleted. I
>>>think if a textbox is selected and a character is typed, the text should
>>>be inserted into the textbox with only backspace and delete removing it
>>>(the only exception I can see for this is if select all or something
>>>similar is used). Just my two cents ;).
>>>

>> OK, I buy that and I'll change it to that. BTW, what should be the
>> behaviour for bug 7958? If the image or text box is selected and the
>> user
>> inserts a footnote/endnote, what should happen?
>>

> Anything but a crash :). There's an RFE to allow footnotes and endnotes
> inside of textboxes (7631), but I'm not sure how useful that is. Until
> that is implemented (if it ever is), I'd say just disable the menu
> options for footnotes, endnotes, and TOCs while a textbox/wrapped image
> is selected.

CVS:
CVS: Committing in .
CVS:
CVS: Modified Files:
CVS: src/text/fmt/xp/fv_FrameEdit.cpp
CVS: src/text/fmt/xp/fv_FrameEdit.h src/text/fmt/xp/fv_View.cpp
CVS: src/text/fmt/xp/fv_View_cmd.cpp
CVS: src/text/fmt/xp/fv_View_protected.cpp
CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Menu_Functions.cpp
Implement sum1's UI suggestions for Text boxes

Your wish is my command!