stdlibc++

From: Hubert Figuiere <hfiguiere_at_teaser.fr>
Date: Tue Dec 14 2004 - 20:01:00 CET

Hi,

I'm in the process of *thinking* about re-designing a few parts of the
core Abi framework, including string classes and hash table mess.

I recall some discussions on IRC that talked about using stdlibc++.
Personally I don't mind, either on UNIX or MacOSX, but I can't speak for
the Windows folks.

So the question is: are we OK to switch to using libstdc++ ?

The main advantage is to have lot of code removed from AbiWord by not
reinventing the wheel.
Off-course I'm not saying "switch to std::string" but instead base the
new UT_String2 on std::string.

Any advice ?

For those who may wonder, I'm not going to commit any code, and when
everyone agree, I'll require myself to have unit testing in place for
all new code in that area.

Hub

--
Crazy French - http://www.figuiere.net/hub/