Re: Notes regarding implementing a Searchbar into Abiword

From: Tomas Frydrych <tomasfrydrych_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun Dec 19 2004 - 09:15:31 CET

Alan Horkan wrote:

> I dont think there is anything wrong with the idea but unless it is
> replacing the Find and Replace dialog (which I dont actualy want) I cannot
> help feeling it would be redundant to include it.

Well, all toolbars are redunant by nature. They are convenience
shortcuts to commands accessible through menu, and there are at least
two reasones why the Find dlg needs to stay.

(a) Usability and accessibility: there just cannot be commands in AW
that are only accessible via a toolbar.

(b) As Jordi already pointed out, we will want to expand the capabilites
of the (currently very basic) Find dlg in the future, and we will
probably not want to support all the different options from the toolbar.

Tomas