Re: commit (head): ie_imp_RTF.h/cpp

From: <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Thu Dec 30 2004 - 00:44:40 CET

> On Wed, 2004-12-29 at 15:42 +0000, Tomas Frydrych wrote:
>>
>> Bidi fix. This has reminded me how bad the RTF format is. We really need
>> awml content on the clipboard so we can achieve nonlossy copy/paste;
>
> I second that motion.... for a while.

Hi Hub and Tomas,

I've had this conversation before and have thought seriously about it. In
fact there is code already in place for pasting XHTML that we could use
for awml but I've always decided against it.

The main reason is that there is a hellva lot of code in the RTF imp/exp
that deals with the all the issues of pasting. Rewriting all that code to
use awml format will be a lot of work.

If you find RTF too restrictive for proper handling of bidi content, I
suggest you extend it with your own '\*\abibidi' set of keywords.

This has worked well for me and has enabled copy and pasting of lists and
tables where what gets inserted depends on the context of the current
document position.