AbiWord UT_ASSERT breakage in spell_manager on i386 with gcc

From: Mark Gilbert <mg_abimail_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Dec 31 2004 - 00:15:27 CET

http://www.abisource.com/bonsai/cvsview2.cgi?diff_mode=context&whitespace_mode=show&subdir=abi/src/af/util/xp&command=DIFF_FRAMESET&file=ut_assert.h&rev1=1.28&rev2=1.29&root=/cvsroot

caused assembly errors in debug builds for spell_manager.o. The suffix
to int (in `int 3') is invalid.

According to exhaustive research by a dedicated team of experts making
hundreds of dollars a minute, the correct code for the interrupt is
"int3" , based on GAS' i386-opcode.h.

I am currently unable to test whether at runtime this actually works for
using the asserts in debugging, especially under other gnuc systems
since apparently it worked for you in cygwin, so I won't commit
anything, but I thought you might want to weigh in on the matter, since
this new assert implementation is your baby.

Regards
-MG