Re: Translating Abiword to Lingala

From: Alan Horkan (horkana_at_maths.tcd.ie)
Date: Tue Feb 03 2004 - 12:37:09 EST

    On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Ingo Lantschner wrote:

    > Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 16:27:33 +0100 (CET)
    > From: Ingo Lantschner <ingo.lists_at_vum.at>
    > To: abiword-dev_at_abisource.com
    > Subject: Re: Translating Abiword to Lingala
    >

    > Thanks for the tips, seems to work. I just do not know how to convince
    > Abiword to use li_CD.strings since there is no locale li_CD in the OS
    > (RedHat9).
    >
    > I did:
    >
    > $ env LANG=li_CD AbiWord-2.0
    >
    > (process:2774): Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
    > (process:2774): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
    > Using the fallback 'C' locale.

    I'd lie and just for testing purposes change the name from li_CD to
    something like fr_FR but be sure to pick a language that has the same
    special characters as Lingua (i mean you might need Cyrillic letters or
    something, it might not make any difference but better that I mention it
    now as a possible gotcha).

    Sincerely

    Alan Horkan
    http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/