XML_Char and Unicode

From: Frodo Looijaard (frodol_at_dds.nl)
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 12:41:15 EST

    Hi folks,

    Once upon a time I have written the Psion importer/exporter. It uses the
    psiconv library, written by myself. I am at the moment trying to update the
    Abiword plugin to reflect the changes in the new psiconv library
    release.

    I seem to be missing something regarding the use of XML_Char in combination
    with Unicode. In short: can XML_Char only be used for ASCII, or also for
    non-ASCII characters?

    The longer story: the current version of libpsiconv stores all data
    internally as UCS2. This includes things like style names. To add a style,
    I use:
            getDoc()->appendStyle(propsArray)
    where getDoc is a member of the IE_Imp class, and propsArray is an XML_Char **.
    The question is: how to put the stylename safely in an XML_Char * ? Do I
    need a charset conversion to ASCII?

    I am working with the 2.0 codebase at the moment.

    Thanks,
      Frodo

    --
    Frodo Looijaard <frodol_at_dds.nl>  PGP key and more: http://huizen.dds.nl/~frodol