Re: commit: Basic Ground Work for the Format Table of Contents dialog.

From: Peter Lundqvist (peterl_at_update.uu.se)
Date: Wed Feb 25 2004 - 08:19:05 EST

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Martin Sevior wrote:
    > On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 16:56, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
    > > On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 06:10, Martin Sevior wrote:
    > >
    > > > I believe the Unix dialog is pretty close to HIG compliance. You can
    > > > find a screen shot of the dialog here.
    > > >
    > > > http://www.ph.unimelb.edu.au/~msevior/abiword/FormatTOC.png
    > >
    > > It is currently too big. There are still users in 800x600. Your dialog
    > > won't fit.
    >
    > And it's going to get bigger when I fill in the item lists.
    >
    > maybe I could do page tabs? First tab for heading, next tab for 1 st
    > level etc...
    >
    > *sigh*
    >
    > I like the current dialog though.

    I sort of like it too.
    Perhaps something like this

     ._________. ._______.
     |Heading|^| x Have label | |v|
     |Level1 | | ._______.
     |Level2 | | Fill style | |v|
     |Level3 | | ._______.
     |Level4 | | Display style | |v|
     |_______|v| Tab leader | |v| Indent | |v| Pagenr | |v|

    Peter Lundqvist /'\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
    Studentv. 32:22B \ / No HTML/RTF in email
    752 34 Uppsala × No Word docs in email
    Sweden / \ Respect for open standards

    --

    Printer - a joke in poor taste. A printer consists of three main parts: the case, the jammed paper tray and the blinking red light.