Quick hello and a patch? if you want it.

From: Nathan Bullock (nathan_kent_bullock_at_yahoo.ca)
Date: Sat Jan 03 2004 - 00:04:33 EST

    Hello,

    I have been using AbiWord for quite some time (AND I
    LOVE IT), anyway in the 2.0 version that I have
    recently started to use I have found the print dialog
    a little annoying. Here is the issue, I only want to
    print the first 3 pages so I click on the print to
    text entry, change the number to a 3, press print...
    oops the whole 200 pages starts printing.

    Anyway in the word processor I use at work it
    automatically assumes that if you change either of the
    range numbers that that is probably what you want,
    print range, not print all.

    Is this a feature you would want? If so here is a
    first attempt at a patch I am not sure if it is as
    pretty as it should be. Please give feedback, I would
    like to start helping more if I can write good enough
    code.

    Nathan

    filename: src/af/xap/unix/xap_UnixDlg_Print.cpp

    161,178d160
    <
    < static const gchar* entry_text;
    <
    < static gboolean entry_focus_in (GtkWidget *entry)
    < {
    < entry_text =
    strdup(gtk_entry_get_text(GTK_ENTRY(entry)));
    < return 0;
    < }
    <
    < static gboolean entry_focus_out (GtkWidget *entry,
    const void* ignore,
    < GtkWidget *check)
    < {
    < const gchar* tmp =
    gtk_entry_get_text(GTK_ENTRY(entry));
    < if(strcmp(entry_text, tmp) != 0)
    <
    gtk_toggle_button_set_active(GTK_TOGGLE_BUTTON(check),
    1);
    < return 0;
    < }
    <
    305,309d286
    < g_signal_connect(G_OBJECT(entryFrom),
    "focus-in-event",
    < G_CALLBACK(entry_focus_in), NULL);
    < g_signal_connect(G_OBJECT(entryFrom),
    "focus-out-event",
    < G_CALLBACK(entry_focus_out), buttonRange);
    <
    314c291
    <

    ---