Re: My development plans.

From: Ruth A. Kramer (rhkramer_at_fast.net)
Date: Mon Jan 19 2004 - 00:11:07 EST

    msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au wrote:
    > 1. Complete the XP and Unix parts of the Sylist dialog.
    > 2. Implement Table Of Contents.
    > 3. Implement Outline "mode".
    >
    > For 1. the idea is to have a tree view expandable to one level of hiding.
    >
    > I plan to have styles grouping of:
    > a. List Styles
    > b. Heading Styles.
    > c. User defined styles.
    > d. all the others.

    All sounds wonderful!

    > For 3. I plan to have a single extra button on the format List dialog. The
    > button will say "hide/reveal". The user presses it and if the list is not
    > hidden all the blocks between the thos in the list will be hidden.
    > Pressing "reveal" will reveal it again. I will use Tomas's hidden text
    > code.

    I don't quite understand, or it sounds like this is something different
    than the MS Word approach -- will you only collapse based on list items
    (vs. collapsing on headings)?

    Will hidden text for Outline mode be distinguishable from text hidden
    for other reasons, so uncollapsing the outline does not unhide
    intentionally hidden information?

    regards,
    Randy Kramer