Removal GR_Graphics::xorLine and GR_Graphics::xorRect

From: Hubert Figuiere (hfiguiere_at_teaser.fr)
Date: Mon Jan 19 2004 - 08:53:59 EST

    Hi,

    I'm about to wipe out GR_Graphics::xorLine() and GR_Graphics::xorRect()
    from the HEAD codebase. This involved rewriting the image resize and the
    ruler code. I did this by storing the image before drawing, and
    restoring it to erase. It works on MacOS X. It should work, as the
    change is XP.

    I also took the initiative to remove the corresponding virtual functions
    from any platform code so that nobody is tempted to use it. That is the
    only platform change, and it is not required.

    Why did I do that ? 2 reasons:
    1/ xor is evil(tm)
    2/ xor line was impossible to achieve on MacOS X with CoreGraphics.
    Don't know why, but there is no API for that.

    I got Dom's approval for that as long as I provide replacement. I'll
    commit to CVS tonight.

    Hub

    --
    "<erno> hm. I've lost a machine.. literally _lost_. it responds to ping,
    it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it