Re: Braille plug-in

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jan 20 2004 - 14:26:19 EST

    Hi Miguel,

    You probably don't want to use FV_View at all.
    Instead, you'll want to create an exporter subclass
    (IE_Exp), and an importer subclass if you want to
    re-import these files.

    Filetypes (ieft) are just integer numbers. They are
    assigned to IE_Imp and IE_Exp classes when those
    classes register themselves. They are usually used
    like this:

    IEFileType ieft = IE_Exp::fileTypeForSuffix(".txt");
    pView->cmdSaveAs(ieft);

    or

    IEFileType ieft = IE_Imp::fileTypeForContents(buffer,
    strlen(buffer));
    pView->load(filename, ieft);

    The special case is:
    (IEFileType)-1 == "unknown file type"

    I have quite a bit of experience with the Imp/Exp
    architecture as well as AbiWord plugins. If you have
    questions or want help, email me or stop bye
    irc.gnome.org#abiword.

    Best wishes,
    Dom