Re: Commit: norwegian nynorsk fixes

From: Karl Ove Hufthammer (karl_at_huftis.org)
Date: Mon Jan 26 2004 - 16:21:17 EST

    Dom Lachowicz <domlachowicz_at_yahoo.com> wrote in

    > As a reality, we are running into no_NO locales that
    > don't sync up with our spellcheckers and other tools.

    This problem will likely disappear *relatively* soon. More and
    more applications and libraries (including later versions of
    Gnome, KDE and libc) and distros use the correct 'nb_NO' and
    'nn_NO' locale codes.

    This will only be a problem for older distros.

    The Norwegian translators are currently working to move all
    programs using the old 'no_NO' (and 'no_at_nynorsk' and all sorts of
    weird variants) to the new locale codes.

    --
    Karl Ove Hufthammer