Re: Commit: ispell and enchant support both nn and no

From: Torstein Sunde (torsteinsspambox_at_myrealbox.com)
Date: Tue Jan 27 2004 - 13:16:43 EST

    Andrew Dunbar wrote:

    > Torstein Sunde wrote:
    > > [...] (Or like telling the Americans that "en"
    > > should be interpreted as "en_UK", which seems pretty
    > > obvious to many Europeans..)
    >
    > Actually I don't think Ukrainian English is very
    > ovious even in Europe (-;

    Ukrainian English would be "en_UA", if it existed. (Ukrainian is
    "uk_UA".)

    But you're right that en_UK isn't the standard for British English,
    although I've seen it used a few times, e.g. /usr/share/locale/en_UK
    in the file list here:
      http://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/conectiva/9/cd1/conectiva/RPMS.001/filesystem-1.9.0-24258cl.noarch.html
    (The file list does include en_GB as well.)