Re: strings to .po

From: Raphael Finkel (raphael_at_cs.uky.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 27 2004 - 15:41:46 EST

    If you directly edit .strings, if somebody does update to generate a .po
    file, that file will have *none* of your strings. There will be no
    error notice.

    If, however, you use my strings_2_po.pl, you can create a .po file from
    your .strings file that contains your work, and others can add to that
    work and generate the .strings file from the .po by using
    ui-backport.pl. But if you have given two different translations for
    the same msgid, I doubt my strings_2_po.pl program will work right, and
    I am sure that update.pl will refuse to work.

    In short:
            source .h files -> initial .po file: use update.pl --pot
            .po file + source .h files -> updated .po file: use update.pl
            .po file -> .strings file: use ui-backport.pl
            .strings file -> .po file: try my strings_2_po.pl
            source .h files + .strings file -> updated .strings file: I have no program

    Raphael