Re: Abiword being removed from Debian/unstable?

From: Peter Lundqvist <peterl_at_Update.UU.SE>
Date: Tue Jul 20 2004 - 22:56:17 CEST

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, Andy Korvemaker wrote:
[...]
> it looks like Abiword is scheduled for removal from Sid. See
> http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=abiword

Seems so, yes.

> Abiword is being pulled for some reason. (I don't know how to find out
> what that reason is.)

If you check
  bugs in abiword -> Serious policy violations -> Bug #258918[0]

you will find[0] that they seem to have a licens issue regarding the
branding of abiword. I havent investigated further, but it seems like its
reasonable that the 'abiword' package will be replaced by a
'abiword personal' package.

[0]

Peter Lundqvist /'\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
Studentv. 32:22B \ / No HTML/RTF in email
752 34 Uppsala × No Word docs in email
Sweden / \ Respect for open standards

--
"Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose
you were a memeber of Congress. But I repeat