Text boxes from MS Word

From: <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Fri Jul 23 2004 - 15:22:44 CEST

Hi Tomas,
         Unfortunately I haven't solved the hardest problem for text boxes
from MS Word yet. The text boxes are represented as Office Art
objects with their various parameters. We find these as fspa
struct's which wv seems to duly provide. One of the parameters of
the fspa struct is a lid whose value is unique for each office
object.

Apparently it is possible to use this lid to determine the offset in the
TextBox table text of the text associated with the fspa. Unfortunately I
haven't worked out how to do this. I'm not sure it's in wv.

However we do get the text from the text boxes, nicely seperated into
different sections. We get the fspa's and we can can correctly position
them on the page. We don't yet have a foolproof way to map lid's to text
box positions.

I created a struct that holds the fspa's FrameEnd frag with a lid. My
first guess is that the lid would be in order of the text box and indeed
this worked in the little test document I tried.

However I suspect this will break down once we mix postioned Office Art
objects with Text boxes. Some of these will have no text associated with
them which would break the relationship.

So somehow we have to workout how to get this one-to-one correspondance
between the lid and the textbox text offsets. It might require some wv
hacking.