Why no 2.1.3? No Windows binaries?

From: <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Sat Jun 12 2004 - 00:23:22 CEST

Hi Folks,
         It's been over a week since mg tagged 2.1.3 and we still haven't
released 2.1.3. I guess this is because no one has been able to
make a windows binary. Is that right?

I no that mg and others have gone to truely heroic lengths to build these
without success.

I guess I'd like there to be an open discussion on this list as to why
building the windows installer is so hard when people can routinely make
test builds.

I hope that by the end of the discussionwe'll have a concesus on the way
to move forward to stop making building these binaries so hard.

In the mean time I'll also pose the question, can we make a test binary
that works with just say win 98 or later? Or even win XP or later?

This is a test build not a production release so I think we can get away
with that.

In any case lets have a discussion about our options.