Re: commit: Lots of good stuff.

From: <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Wed Jun 23 2004 - 11:58:17 CEST

> On Wed, 2004-06-23 at 11:36 +0200, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
>> On Wed, 2004-06-23 at 19:14 +1000, msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au wrote:
>>
>> > This might also fix the slow typing on OSX bug.
>>
>> I wish you were right. :-(
>> Unfortunately it does not.
>
> In fact, it looks like you don't update as often as you previously did.
> When I select some text I have to enable/disable the window to have the
> selection appear. For the typing, it just do one update after a few
> moments (circa 1 sec) or if you force the update.

Damn. I Didn't check that. Will fix.

> This appeared beetween 2.1.1 and 2.1.2 and MacOS X code did not really
> change at that time. I only changed a few bits in the dialog and how
> menu refresh works.
>
> Any idea ? I'm having hard time to trace the function calls.

Start from fv_View_cmd.cpp::cmdCharInsert

Hi Hub,
       OK here are some ideas.

Given that the text only appears after about 0.5 seconds it sounds like
the text only being drawn during the fl_DocLayout::_redrawUpdate() timer
cycle (this runs every 0.5 seconds).

To see if this is true put a breakpoint in fp_TextRun.cpp::_draw(..)

Then backtrace to see what the calling method is. Is it somewhere from
fv_View_cmd.cpp::cmdCharInsert(..) or is if fl_DocLayout::_redrawUpdate?

If it's coming from _redrawUpdate so we have to work out why the text is
not being drawn during the cmdCharInsert method. Maybe it's because of the
way the OSX graphics class caches changes?