commit: use system NSIS

From: Kenneth J. Davis <jeremyd_at_ctc.net>
Date: Sat Jun 26 2004 - 16:58:25 CEST

The package building step now looks for NSIS at $(NSIS_ROOT) and if
found, will use it. The default install path for NSIS version 2 is
C:\Program Files\NSIS, which the Win32 makefile sets NSIS_ROOT to if
not already set; the MinGW makefile needs something akin to
NSIS_ROOT ?= "/Program Files/NSIS' as well. NSIS_ROOT environment
variable should be set prior to make distribution if NSIS is installed
elsewhere. I choose this as I don't know how to get the path to NSIS
without using the registry, and I don't know of any method to query
the registry using just make. NSIS version 2 is presently required,
along with a few NSIS plugins, md5dll and untgz (both may be found
in our current NSIS_20 cvs branch, and on my site shortly, and from
the NSIS site [not sure if the md5 plugin linked from NSIS has the
for loop fix though]. Additionally, you will need to create basic
Albanian language files, as we support it, but NSIS does not yet
officially support it. If $(NSIS_ROOT) does not exist, it will
try the peer directory, though this may or may not work depending
on your setup, and failing a nsis peer existing, it will print out
a nice message informing you to get NSIS from nsis.sourceforge.net,
the extra little plugins, and promptly stop the build.

As the preferred option is to use a release NSIS build, the NSIS
peer module may be reduced to just NSIS plugins and extra language
files that are not provided with their releases. Any objections?

Jeremy

CVS:
CVS: Committing in .
CVS:
CVS: Modified Files:
CVS: config/platforms/win32.mk pkg/win/setup/Makefile
Prefer system installed NSIS