Re: Genericizing UT_Vector

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 05 2004 - 08:46:51 EST

    --- Hubert Figuiere <hfiguiere_at_teaser.fr> wrote:

    > I have a cleaner solution in mind, but this would
    > involve breaking a
    > coding rule: using template.
    [snip]

    > Any pros and cons ? Now that almost almost any
    > compiler we use supports
    > template, I don't think this is a big issue.

    Yes. We should use templates. Big, portable projects
    like Mozilla use templates and exceptions now, so we
    shouldn't have much trouble.

    Barring that, we could borrow glib's POINTER_TO_INT()
    and INT_TO_POINTER() macros which are 64-bit safe.

    Dom

    =====
    I think the problem with the Democratic Party in general is that they've been so afraid to lose they're willing to say whatever it takes to win. And once you're willing to say whatever it takes to win, you lose. - Howard Dean

    http://www.deanforamerica.com/