commit: Folding text within lists.

From: msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au
Date: Fri Mar 12 2004 - 04:56:28 EST

    Hi Folks,
             This is the 3rd of the items I laid out in my developments.
    Folding of text within lists.

    The idea is to hide text within the heading of List items. This is called
    "outline mode" in MS Word and OOo. In AbiWord you don;t have to go into a
    new mode to use use. Just fire up the Format Bullets and Numbering dialogs
    and go to the new "Text Folding" page.

    See screen shots of the the new Lists dialog.

    There you can choose to hide text between items of defferent levels.

    Choosing "Hide below level 1" will hide sublist items as well as text
    between items.

    Choosing "Hide below level 2" will leave the sublist headings but hide
    sub-sublists.

    Choosing "Hide below level 3" will leave sub-lists and sub-sub-lists but
    hide sub-sub-sub-sub-lists etc.

    You can adjust you level of hiding with a few clicks on the dialog.

    The new dialog requires some new virtual methods in the platform code.
    I've typed these with Asserts in the body of the code. Platform
    maintainers for win32, qnx and Cocoa should implement these. Sorry if I've
    broken your builds.

    At the momemnt saving docs with "folded text" will restore them in a weird
    state as will openning a new view on a document with folded text. I'll fix
    these shortly.

    ListsPage1.png

    ListsPage2.png