Re: font pointers in fp_Run

From: msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au
Date: Wed Mar 17 2004 - 09:01:18 EST

    > On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 11:18, Tomas Frydrych wrote:
    >
    >> The graphics should provide:
    >>
    >> typedef GR_FontId; // could be UT_String, uint, etc.
    >
    > UT_String ? NO WAY.
    > Please, deprecate UT_String.

    Actually the class UT_String is would be the correct way to hold this. We
    would want some silly utf8 encoding to change the properties of the
    string.

    Maybe we should just change the name of UT_String to UT_ConstChar or
    something.

    UT_String does have it's uses but I agree that for displaying Text to users
    UT_UTF8String is much preferred.