Re: Pictures and exporters

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 16:49:59 EST

    Hi Frodo,

    You're only likely to see PNGs inside of AbiWord
    documents. At least for the next several months. We
    can worry about those problems when we reach them.

    Cheers,
    Dom

    --- Frodo Looijaard <frodol_at_dds.nl> wrote:

    > Hi folks,
    >
    > just a quick question about picture formats in
    > AbiWord.
    >
    > I have just extended the Psion exporter to support
    > writing images. At
    > this moment, I just support images of MIME-type
    > image/png in the AbiWord
    > document. What other types can I expect to
    > encounter, that should be
    > supported by an exporter? image/svg? Others?
    >
    > By the way, I have now written all libpng access
    > myself, but that is not
    > very nice. It would perhaps be better to have a
    > class somewhere that
    > converts the PNG-image 8-bit RGB or something like
    > that. The same with
    > other formats that may be embedded in AbiWord docs.
    > Or perhaps I should
    > have looked better?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Frodo
    >
    > --
    > Frodo Looijaard <frodol_at_dds.nl> PGP key and more:
    > http://huizen.dds.nl/~frodol
    > Defenestration n. (formal or joc.):
    > The act of removing Windows from your computer in
    > disgust, usually followed
    > by the installation of Linux or some other
    > Unix-like operating system.

    =====
    I think the problem with the Democratic Party in general is that they've been so afraid to lose they're willing to say whatever it takes to win. And once you're willing to say whatever it takes to win, you lose. - Howard Dean

    http://www.deanforamerica.com/