Re: commit: Fix copy/paste rows in the same table.

From: <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 16:16:41 CEST

> On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 13:14 +0200, Marc Maurer wrote:
>> > PS. My next new feature, export tables to Gnumeric, will be a plugin
>> so
>> > that's OK too.
>>
>> Exporting tables to gnumeric == throwing XHTML to the clibboard, right?
>> Why should that be a plugin ?
>

> And what about putting abiword native data to clipboard for internal cut
> and paste ?
> This is something I consider OK for 2.2 :-)

I thought long and hard about this hub. There is already a lot of special
case code in the rtf importer that deals with the complexities of pasting.
My personal feeling is that it would be harder to bring an internal format
paste up to the standard of our RTF paste than to fix RTF paste issues.

Maybe if I got some help from some other committed people who know about
clipboard issues I'd feel more like making the change.